#61 [url]

Dec 23 09 12:09 AM

Hello everyone. Just wanted to give a quick reminder to everyone that Coachesaid.com will be blogging again on Wednesday from the main floor. We now have the ability to do live-streaming blogging, similar to what you see on espn.com or yahoo.com. Basically it means you will not have to refresh your page constantly to get updates, the blog will be live. Here is the link.

http://www.coachesaid.com/Blog/Chris-Gradd...ournament-DAY-1

The blog will go live shortly before the start of the first game at 10:30 a.m.

We apologize for the confusion of the blog on the first two days. We are still trying to get the bugs worked out but we would like to thank everyone for checking out the site and we hope you continue to do so. We hope you enjoy the site.

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Dec 26 09 11:31 PM

Semis should awesome!! EPC vs. Rivercrest; Bay vs. Manila; Jonesboro vs. Nettleton ; Westside vs. Valley View. Will be a huge crowd!!

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Dec 27 09 12:35 AM

QUOTE (Glenn88 @ December 20, 2009 04:40 pm)
QUOTE (Lions41 @ December 20, 2009 03:57 pm)
i say you have the upper pegged with westside and jonesboro, but in the lower classification bracket i wouldnt rule out the lions and the colts. i think the colts could give epc fits if they match up i think that if bay and manila meet it would be another good game as well. i do think manila has a little bit better team than bay, but you never know with high school kids. all these teams have to get there in order for these match-ups to occur

I would love to see the lions win and bring epc and bay down a notch

Manila is very good but epc would beat them four out of five games. Epc done spanked em once it will be closer this time that man to man defense epc has is tough Manila couldnt handle a hand in there face.

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Dec 27 09 12:41 AM

I'm not so sure......wouldn't mind a rematch in the finals. I do believe EPC will beat Rivercrest by double digits. Manila and Bay is a toss up with either one given EPC all they want in the finals.

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Dec 27 09 3:45 AM

Was proud of Coach Hodges for sitting one of his best players today for disciplinary reasons. But with or without him, Bay played pretty well today and I don't think Cave City would have made it much more of a game. I do believe that it might not have been a mercy rule game, but still a double digit one.

Nettleton played their tails off today! Completely different game than when I saw them a few weeks ago. I don't think that they will give JHS much of a game though unless they really slow it down from today and be really patient. Still think JHS will walk into the finals against Westside and that one for me is a toss up. I think that JHS could match up well with Mickleson and they will completely out do them at all other positions.

Manila...the thing I walked away from that game with was that Ridgefield ain't Ridgefield anymore! I was completely shocked! Forever they have been the worst team in this tournament by far, but for the whole first half they were matching buckets and doing it impressively. I just don't see Manila beating Bay if they both play about the same as they did today, but that should be about the best game of the tournament so far.

JHS...they have some raw athletes that WILL be good in the future for sure. Really can't believe they got beat by GCT!

EPC & Rivercrest...I really can't see Rivercrest winning this one, but the NEA defines the saying "that's the reason they toss the ball up," anyone at this point could pull a stunner!

Seemed to be a great crowd on hand for almost all of todays games.

Word today was that Madden seems to be leaning towards being a Rebel in the future. Kinda see that happening, but wouldn't mind seeing him be a Hog.

You can say something to popes, kings and presidents, but you can't talk to officials. In the next war they ought to give everyone a whistle.
-- Abe Lemmons (1977)
As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game.
-- Larry Bird

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Dec 27 09 11:10 AM

Coach Hodges was without two starters for reportedly missing the bus. Several fans were very upset, not at Coach Hodges, but at the players. All comments that I heard was nothing but respect and admiration for Coach Hodges for disciplining those players in such a big game. I also extend my admiration to Coach Hodges for trying to teach these guys a valuable life lesson. Coaches do so much more than teach the game of basketball, they teach valuable life lessons and these players will become better individuals for the lesson learned yesterday. Nice job, Coach Hodges, I would love for my son to play for you. nearsports/clap.gif

Quote    Reply   

#69 [url]

Dec 27 09 11:38 AM

EPC by 12 over Rivercrest. Too much Madden. Rivercrest doesnt have anyone close to his size.

Manila by 1 over Bay. If I was going by Saturday only I would say Bay by 15 but I expect Monday to be different. Talent wise I think they're pretty even, going to give Manila the slightest of edges in the coaching department.

Jonesboro by 11 over Nettleton. Nettleton is improving but so is Jonesboro. Too much size inside for the Raiders too handle.

Westside by 5 over Valley View. An upset here wouldn't really surprise me. A very intense crosstown rivalry game. I believe Westside's strength inside will be the difference in the end, not just Mickelson but Brock Johnston can also be a force inside. As I watched these 2 teams Saturday I couldn't help but think how good Westside would be if Dustin Jones was still at Westside.........oh well.

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Dec 27 09 11:52 AM

QUOTE (YAZ @ December 27, 2009 11:38 am)
EPC by 12 over Rivercrest. Too much Madden. Rivercrest doesnt have anyone close to his size.

Manila by 1 over Bay. If I was going by Saturday only I would say Bay by 15 but I expect Monday to be different. Talent wise I think they're pretty even, going to give Manila the slightest of edges in the coaching department.

Jonesboro by 11 over Nettleton. Nettleton is improving but so is Jonesboro. Too much size inside for the Raiders too handle.

Westside by 5 over Valley View. An upset here wouldn't really surprise me. A very intense crosstown rivalry game. I believe Westside's strength inside will be the difference in the end, not just Mickelson but Brock Johnston can also be a force inside. As I watched these 2 teams Saturday I couldn't help but think how good Westside would be if Dustin Jones was still at Westside.........oh well.

i would say you are about right on all games. The Westside/V V game will depend alot on two things

1. Refs: If they let Westside play dirty and protect the big boy... Westside wins
2. If the above does not happen and V V is hot like they were ag. Blytheville (which the win surprised me esp. by 20) V V will take this game big.

V V guard play is very strong and from what I saw Saturday V V has alot better
bench. More 3 pointer shooters on the V V team and the Brewster kid ( who I bet Nett wish they still had) will give Westside guards all they want.

Manila will handle Bay. I think the win here will be by more than 10, if Manila does not let Bay get in their heads. This game will look alot like the Bay/Westside game.
Look for alot of cheap shots from both.

Quote    Reply   

#71 [url]

Dec 27 09 12:24 PM

Don't start the whining about playing dirty. I'm a fan of neither Westside or Valley View and I've seen nothing "dirty" about the Warriors style of play. If Valley View was to pull the upset it would be a close game. No way they blow them out.

As for Manila vs. Bay, I see this one going down to the wire. As to your reference to both teams playing dirty, I don't see that either. I see 2 well coached teams playing their butts off. I've seen "cheap shots" for just about every school around but it seems the ones usually mentioned on here are having very successful seasons.......coincidence?

Quote    Reply   

#72 [url]

Dec 27 09 12:43 PM

QUOTE (YAZ @ December 27, 2009 12:24 pm)
Don't start the whining about playing dirty. I'm a fan of neither Westside or Valley View and I've seen nothing "dirty" about the Warriors style of play. If Valley View was to pull the upset it would be a close game. No way they blow them out.

As for Manila vs. Bay, I see this one going down to the wire. As to your reference to both teams playing dirty, I don't see that either. I see 2 well coached teams playing their butts off. I've seen "cheap shots" for just about every school around but it seems the ones usually mentioned on here are having very successful seasons.......coincidence?

whining? I gave MY point of view. Why dont you quit trying to be the almighty
YAZ. Accept other points of views as you want us to accept yours.

I say this board will be red hot after the Monday games talking about elbows and other cheap shots that will be dished out if the games are as close as they should be. It took 6 days and 6 pages to talk about he Bay/Westside game. And the same for the Manila/EPC. Personally nothing did I read do I think was made up... I just happened to been at the Manila/EPC game and caught the last of the Bay/Westside game and saw alot of what was being said.

Shall I bow to you now?

Quote    Reply   

#73 [url]

Dec 27 09 12:52 PM

No offense intended. I just get tired of the talk of "dirty" play and "cheap shots". To me most of it is just hard nosed physical basketball.

Quote    Reply   

#74 [url]

Dec 27 09 2:52 PM

ALL the games should be good. The Manila/Bay and Westside/ V V games will take center stage.

The winner of those games will be who is the hottest. Manila may out coach Bay and V V will be ready. V V has the better coach.

Its never a bad time to practice freethrows......they win
ballgames.

Quote    Reply   

#76 [url]

Dec 27 09 10:53 PM

Yaz... not many times does this happen, but your last post it did...I am agreeing w/you nearsports/0c4fae0e.gif I love hard nosed, scrappy defense! I don't call it cheap, dirty, or anything else. If their ain't blood then you didn't play hard enough. I think that is what we will see.

Outofbounds...there were a lot of pages about all that stuff, but it was Westside vs Bay fans and you didn't have just a whole lot of people who weren't cheering for one side or another. I believe that this Manila/Bay game will be much better officiated than most games that are apart of the regular season. So you will see diving on the floor and scrappy play, but I don't think anyone will get by with anything cheap and these kids know this, so they will just be there to play hard and win.

You can say something to popes, kings and presidents, but you can't talk to officials. In the next war they ought to give everyone a whistle.
-- Abe Lemmons (1977)
As far as playing, I didn't care who guarded me - red, yellow, black. I just didn't want a white guy guarding me, because it's disrespect to my game.
-- Larry Bird

Quote    Reply   

#77 [url]

Dec 28 09 8:47 AM

Funny you should mention this YAZ. I feel the same way about it. I sat beside the Jones family and I told them that I wished Dustin was still at Westside and they would almost be unstoppable if he were still there and they agreed but they will be pulling for VV in the game. They do cheer for Westside any other time as they are all Westside alumni. As for who wins, my feelings are that if Westside plays as sloppily as they did against Highland, VV has a shot. I never count VV out when they play Westside in any sport. Strange things happen such as the stars align in the solar system and crap and rivers run backwards and such. Westside better not take an entire half to get in the groove and they better shut Dustin down if they are to win. Either way it will be a crazy game to watch. I predict Bay to beat Manila and Westside to beat VV if they have their heads on straight but not by a blowout. Good luck to all teams.

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Dec 28 09 11:13 PM

Westside beat valley view tonight..great game...slowed valley views 3's down westside controlled the paint....Brock had a great game ..and mickelson blocked shots and dunked three time...westside was a little slopy on passes but other wise great game....GO WARRIORS

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Dec 28 09 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Glenn88 @ December 28, 2009 11:13 pm)
Westside beat valley view tonight..great game...slowed valley views down westside controlled the paint....Brock had a great game ..and mickelson blocked shots and dunked three time...westside was a little slopy on passes but other wise great game....GO WARRIORS

mickelson also got every call.

Jonesboro will KILL Westside..........20 points

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help